Dear Runner Lovers,
Today, my mom and I were discussing how to be safe while running alone on trails. I really wanted to put up a link to a post I wrote a while ago, about my Wearsafe Button. I just wanted to remind everyone how wonderful this piece of technology truly is. http://www.thatprettyrunner.com/journal/2016/9/6/ctt8e7y684hqg8ez2h2duk1wzzmouq
As a runner, I would recommend these obtainable measures to take regarding safety.....
- Wearsafe GPS button. A friend will always be able to find you if something happens, and it is small!
- Carrying a phone.
- Never go out somewhere without a friend knowing where you are!
- Taking self-defense courses. I have been working on strengthening with weights and push-ups too.
- Wearing your hair to the side, in a hat or in a ballerina bun. So no one can grab your hair.
- Carrying pepper-spray, for unfriendly animal encounters.
- Carrying a pocket knife.
- Try to run with a buddy or large group.
It is all these little things that can make a huge difference, and it is important to discuss safety. I wish that all we had to worry about was training and improving times, but there is so much more to running.
I hope everyone goes the extra mile to be safe!
That Pretty Runner